1. What is the most important protein that helps in the binding of T4 and has a higher affinity for T4?
thyroxine-binding globulin (TBG)
2. It is the choice of test that aids in the evaluation of thyroid function and/or symptoms of hyper -or hypothyroidism. It is also used to evaluate a patient with goiter and aids in the diagnosis of female infertility.
3. Method of choice for measuring T4 in the clinical laboratory.
4. What is the reference value of T4?
5. Give at least one label that is use in non-isotonic method for evaluating T4.
horseradish peroxidaes, alkaline phosphate and beta-L-galactosidase
6. Refers to an enlargement of the thyroid gland.
7. It occurs if there’s an inhibition of the formation and release of thyroid hormone, and when the thyroid is exposed to rapid and large increases of iodine.
Wolff- Chaikoff effect
8.Example of a drug that serves as an antiarrhythmic drug that causes inhibition of T4 monodeiodination.
9. It is a glycoprotein which serves as a performed matrix to which reactive iodine is attached to form residues of MIT, DIT, (T3) and (T4).
10. It is a Chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis that is said to be occasionally associated with an overactive thyroid state but more often results in hypothyroidism.
A 56 year old female, is experiencing chronic fatigue, headache, weight gain, constipation, and milky discharge from the breasts. The doctor prescribed higher doses of drugs,what are the possible reasons for the higher dose?
The standard drug treatment for hypothyroidism is a daily dose of a synthetic thyroid hormone called levothyroxine. This drug helps normalize blood levels of T4, TSH, and a third thyroid hormone called triidothyronine(T3).
Many prescription medications can interact with levothyroxine and either increase or decrease its potency. (Be sure your doctor knows all medications you are currently taking.) Large amounts of dietary fiber can also interfere with levothyroxine treatment. People who eat high-fiber diets.
These hormones can also alter the actions of other hormones and drugs.
What other tests would you recommend?
thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH)test for antithyroid antibodies and check your cholesterol levels. Based on these test results, the doctor will decide whether to prescribe